Energy Saving Guidelines for Teachers and Staff
The conservation of our Nation’s Resources is a team effort and the Office of Energy Management and Facilities is asking for your help. A set of guidelines has been created to be used as a tool in this effort. A sound district-wide energy program includes sensible usage of energy dollars and also facilitates a comfortable, safe, instructional environment for the students and staff. The conservation of CCISD utilities is a team effort and requires everyone’s help.
Energy Savings-Check List:
- Energy thermostats are set within The Board Guideline ranges: cooling 73-76m heating 68-72.
- Thermostats in portable buildings should be raised to 82 or lowered to 60 (depending on the season) when the building is not in use. i.e.: evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
- All computers and their components should be shut down at the end of the day or if they are not going to be used.
- Turn lights off as soon as you leave your room at the end of the day.
- Ensure all windows and doors are closed and sealed properly. Please have a work order created for any deficiencies.
- Consolidate your “after hours” building usage. Avoid using large areas or multiple locations for small group functions.
- Please report if any faucets, toilets, water fountains, etc. are leaking
- Report security lighting that remains on during the day.
Note: The above list is not all-inclusive and must be adapted to each campus.
Let’s not forget a very valuable part of the team and the leaders of tomorrow, our students. Teach sound energy savings practices to students and get them to help too.
It is the sole purpose of our energy program to minimize district utility costs without giving up student and employee comfort. Thank you for all your help and cooperation. The team is doing a great job!